The 'SAFE USE OF VETERINARY MEDICINES' event is one of many events listed. View all events.
SAFE USE OF VETERINARY MEDICINES
At the end of the course trainees will be able to:
- Properly use medicines on farm
- Know how to store and maintain medicines
- Describe the differences between vaccines, treatments and supportive therapies.
- Understand the basic differences between antibiotic classes and their appropriate use
- Know the basics of wormers (anthelmintics)
- Know when and how to use NSAID medicines (eg anti-inflamatories)
- Understand the responsibility of those administering medicines to farm animals – Welfare / Safety / Public Health.
- Safely and effectively administer veterinary medicines by different routes – drenching / bolusing / subcutaneous / intramuscular / intravenous injection