RT @tomlousmith1: Dairy person required for herd of 200 Holstein cows in Stewarton, Ayrshire. Must be reliable stockman with keen interest…
The 'Grow More - Graze More - Earn More - Take your Paddock Grazing Management to the Next Level' event is one of many events listed. View all events.
Grazed grass is our cheapest feed at 1/3 of the cost of concentrates, so getting your rotational grazing system right is key to keeping costs down and profit up.
Grazing managers who want to improve their performance and maximise milk from grazed grass this season can join AHDB and grazing consultant, Andre Van Barneveld from Graise Consultancy, to review effective monitoring and budgeting, together with strategies for early turnout and supplementation to increase utilisation of pasture and maximise profit.
What will be covered:
• How to get out grazing early if pastures are low and supplements in short supply
• How the ryegrass plant grows and how management impacts on the quality, intakes, and performance from it.
• The principles of rotational grazing
• Measuring and monitoring using a rising plate meter
• Why regularly measuring grass helps increase grass growth, utilisation and intakes
• How to get out early and stay out late using tracks, gateways and on/off strategies
• Setting targets for this year: cow requirements, feed imports off the grazing platform plus budgeting for shortfalls
• Tracks, troughs, and fencing: how to set up a paddock infrastructure
Who should attend?
Farmers/managers looking to improve their grazing strategy and maximise milk from forage
The cost is covered through your levy. Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.