At the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB), we inspire our farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world. Working at AHDB, you won’t just be helping our farmers produce the food we eat and look after our environment, you’ll be helping shape the future of food production and leaving a legacy for the next generation.
We are currently recruiting for a Dairy Knowledge Exchange Manager to cover Scotland on a permanent basis. This role has responsibility for providing an effective information delivery service to GB farmers through a variety of face to face communication to include on farm activity, discussion groups, webinars, conferences, workshops and seminars. A background knowledge of the dairy sector is essential along with clear and confident communications skills and the ability to establish credibility amongst both dairy levy payers and stakeholders.
This is a field based role where you will be working with and engaging with the Scottish dairy farmers throughout Scotland, therfore there will be a real need to be able to travel all over Scotland.
- Deliver a range of activities covering Knowledge Transfer and Knowledge Exchange (including conferences, workshops, meetings, webinars and podcasts) within Dairy, ensuring that expertise and engagement is maintained and enhanced
- Act as a local contact point to engage with relevant Dairy farmers in the region, identifying and working with their needs
- Communicate the benefits of AHDB work clearly to industry, liaising across the sector team and AHDB as appropriate
- Coordinate KE delivery across the region that targets relevant dairy farmers
- Also act as a point of contact for AHDB Dairy in the region with relevant trade and producer groups such as NFU, or milk processors
- Deliver Knowledge Exchange activity to budget, providing accurate and appropriate accountability
- Contribute to the monitoring and reporting of KPI’s for the KE activity within the region to that sector
- Provide levy payer feedback to the wider team and research function to help contribute to the delivery of the sector priorities and requirements
- Support the Senior Manager KE with an understanding of the industry landscape and technical challenges in the region
- Liaise with Science team colleagues to provide insight and help deliver regional R&D activity
- Promote benchmarking as a key business management tool, and take opportunities to improve business resilience and professionalism in GB Dairy farming
- A detailed understanding of the British dairy industry and experience of successfully interacting with dairy farmers
- Evidence of significant practical experience delivering technical information
- Highly skilled facilitator with experience of developing and delivering events/conferences
- Strong farmer communication skills
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
Benefits – here are just a few things we offer to attract and retain the right people
- An extensive benefits package including 33 days annual leave plus one privilege day (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- A single private medical health scheme and life assurance cover
- A market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Applause Awards – every three months we celebrate employees who embrace our values; the core moral principles that are at the heart of everything we do
- Ambitious in Agriculture Awards – annual awards announced at staff conference in December
- Perkbox membership – this gives you a huge number of online discounts and savings.
Apply now or call 02476 935722 if you require any further information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Dairy Knowledge Exchange Manager - Scotland | AHDB